Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gardening by Remote

Gardening is an economical way of stretching one's grocery bill.  Also, it is a way of adding color to the yard at little cost if you start non-edible plants from seed.  Additionally, it stretches your exercise dollar (excuse the pun) because one doesn't have to go to the gym after lugging dirt and plants.

The Boy and I have already planted marigold and cherry tomato seeds.  (I think often of homeschooling...We would call this a science lesson.)  We will be planting lettuce later today after we return from our nature lesson.

So, last year, I asked my husband to build large gardening boxes.  We have a plethora of fauna who have helped themselves to the meager fruits of our efforts in the past.  This year, I wanted to make sure that we would actually have a decent harvest of the fruits of our labor.

Did I mention that The Boy and I will be away for a total of six weeks this summer, almost a month at one time?

This is where gardening by remote comes into play.  :-)   I've jokingly told Greg and our housemate, Mike, that they will have to send pictures of the garden so I can direct their efforts. 

Ah, willing minions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment